Happy New Year! It’s also the one-year anniversary for eating in instead! I can’t believe how quickly the time has flown by and when I look back on the last year I’m proud of all the recipes I’ve made and shared. Some observations and thoughts as I reflect on my first year as a blogger:
- Pictures matter. This is probably the hardest part of my blogging experience and something that I’m still working on to improve in every post.
- Bloggers are awesome people. I’ve met some great people at blogger meet-ups and they are intelligent, enthusiastic, and positive-minded people.
- Blogging brings out my creativity and a sense of accomplishment.
- Posting consistently is challenging and takes work. Sure, it is a fun but blogging also takes effort. There are days when I’m feeling guilty because I haven’t posted. I also never thought I’d spend hours on a random Saturday figuring out the code on CSS.
- It’s hard for me to keep up with Twitter.
- I make more vegetarian meals than I was consciously aware of before.
- My favorite post for 2012 was the Almond-Oat Strawberry Shortcake post.
- My post popular post in 2012 was Sweet Potato Fries with Sriracha Dipping Sauce.
- I love seeing hits from all over the world.
- I don’t have enough time to write about everything I cook, bake, drink and eat.
On the last point, I’m trying out a new weekly “meals in review” post. As my husbanders and friends will tell you, I take pictures of almost everything I make or eat, but I don’t always get around to posting the entire recipe right away. I’m going try re-capping my weekly culinary adventures in photographs and if you see something that strikes your fancy, let me know!
Meals in Review for the week of December 23-29, 2012: