All Around White Bean Dip
Author: Ethel @eatingininstead
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini or navy beans will work)
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, plus a little more for drizzling
- 1 lemon (you’ll need at least 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and some zest)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley (use whatever fresh herbs you’d like, rosemary, basil, mint and dill all work well!)
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium to large bowl or the bowl of a food processor, add the beans, garlic, oil, 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, herbs, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Puree the ingredients with a food processor or immersion blender. This might take a few minutes, and you’ll have to stop it occasionally to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Taste it and add lemon, salt, and/or pepper to taste. If the dip is too thick, add lemon juice or olive oil.
- Zest the lemon with a micro-plane grater until you have about 1 teaspoon of zest.
- Once the puree is smooth, spoon into a serving bowl, drizzle over with olive oil and sprinkle the top with salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve!