This week’s #SundaySupper event is hosted by the Sunday Supper Movement and focuses on recipes for a pool party. I’m bringing beermosas! It’s a lovely casual cocktail where a beer and mimosa collide!
My sister-in-law, Dahlia, was the one who introduced me to beermosas. She lives in Williamsburg, and has lived in Brooklyn since before it was filled with hispters and young professionals. I always count on Dahlia to bring me up to speed on the latest tech and food trends. A while back, we were sitting in her family room one Sunday morning while her partner was making these mind blowing breakfast sandwiches with Vermont cheddar, fresh eggs, and ham all on toasted sourdough from San Francisco. I was eagerly awaiting drooling over my breakfast sandwich when Dahlia says, “E, how about a beermosa with that?!? Yeeeeaaaaah!”
“Beermosa? What is that?” I asked.
“It’s a mimosa with beer!” she answered. Duh.
Duh, indeed. It’s a glorious drink. Aaaaaand, not only is it great for brunch, but it’s also a great poolside cocktail. It’s cold, bubbly, and refreshing. A touch of sweetness from the orange juice brightens up the bitterness of the beer. You can serve it in a high ball glass, a pint glass, or if its truly a pool party, a red solo cup.
The beermosa is the causal cousin of the mimosa and the sophisticated sister of regular beer. It’s exactly the kind of cocktail you want at a pool party. I swear, even non-beer drinkers just might get hooked on the beermosa. It’s like spinach artichoke dip. It feels fancy, but not fussy, and it’s an all around crowd pleaser.
If you haven’t given the beermosa a try, do it before summer is out. Don’t worry, unlike the piña colada, if you get hooked, it is sill perfectly respectable to sip on a beermosa when the weather cools!
Which do you prefer, the mimosa or the beermosa?
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 orange
- 1 bottle of COLD light lager or wheat beer, your preference
- 4-5 mint leaves
- Muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of the glass.
- Fill glass about ¾ full with beer.
- Top with orange juice.
- Stir and serve.
Check-out all of the other pool party delights from the #SundaySupper family!
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margaritas by Palatable Pastime
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Limeade Splash by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Cheesy Corn Dip by Brunch with Joy
- Tropical Fruit with Moscato Glaze Quesadilla by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
Super Sides and Salads:
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
Tempting Desserts and Sweets: