Gah! How is it almost May already? I’ve been bogged down with travel for work, conferences, packing, unpacking, and re-settling in back at home. After 6 weeks of travel, I’m finally back home, where the sun is shining and the weather is on a consistent warming trend. Plus, this means I’m back with stories from my travels and recipes from my kitchen to share! If you’ve been wondering where I’ve been, make sure you follow me on Instagram and like me Facebook so you can tag along for the ride!
Even though I’ve only been home for a short bit, summer is already on my mind. Right now, I’m working to plan our summer travel and thinking through our summer calendar of Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, weddings, and new baby arrivals (no, we aren’t having kids, but several of our friends are). Traveling as often as I do, I always have my eye out for interesting gifts. The problem is, traveling with gifts can be bulky and fragile. Enter Uncommon Goods. I love Uncommon Goods for their handmade, recycled, and organic products. As an added bonus, the Brooklyn-based company takes social responsibility seriously and offers customers a opportunity to donate $1 to partnership organization with every order. How awesome is that?
Here are a few of the things I’ve got my eye on for summer gifting:
- Pistachio Pedestal. A pedestal is the only proper place for pistachios.
- Goto Venetian Glasses. I love wedding gifts that BOTH the bride and groom can enjoy together and this unique set definitely fits the bill. The glasses are a pit pricey, but still cheaper than flying to Italy to get your hands on a set like this. Plus, it’s a great way to add a little luxe to the every day life of a newlywed couple!
- Custom Pet Pillows! I want these for myself. (hint)
- Fresh Organic Fruit Basket. The foodie in me loves this little fruit basket for a new baby. A veggie option and other unique baby gift ideas to liven up any baby shower are available here. #NoMoreOnsiePacksAtBabyShowersPlease
- Ice Cream Rattles. For those parents who insist on keeping sugar away from their children. 😉
- Wine tasting flight. This is my idea of the perfect way to start a dinner party.
- Scratch off map. For all of my fellow expat friends and others who love to travel. Repurpose the coins you’ve collected from your travels and use them to scratch off the places you’ve been. Been there…do that!
I’ve still got my eyes peeled for a good Mother’s Day gift and birthday gift for my mom (who has everything, of course). Psst! Mother’s Day is less than 2 weeks away–find more ideas for mom here!